Careers at BodyBusiness
Founded in 1984, BodyBusiness Fitness Club is the oldest privately-owned fitness club in Austin, TX. We are known for our exceptional customer service and friendly environment. We are looking for exceptional professionals to further our mission of creating well-being through health and fitness programs for people of all ages.
BodyBusiness is currently accepting applications for the following job openings. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome Desk Representative
BodyBusiness is seeking a Welcome Desk Representative to join our team and contribute to our culture of service. This position is responsible for delivering the BodyBusiness vision that provides an unparalleled experience for members. We are looking for a rockstar representative that is willing and able to learn names, get to know our members and be a shining example of exemplary customer service.
We are looking for a associates able to work a variety of hours. The hours include some early mornings and weekends. We offer a strong hourly rate as well as the potential to earn commission on memberships that are sold.
- Maintains and continually improves the standards of member service
- Follows up and resolves all member and guest issues
- Works closely with the Membership Director to ensure all walk-in prospective members are promptly greeted and given a thorough tour of the club
- Maintains and collects member information, including address changes, new member data, payments and membership change requests
- Assists in administrative tasks including scanning, and data entry of client records
- Responds to member inquiries regarding BodyBusiness programs, products, services, policies, and procedures in a professional and timely manner
- Ensures front desk cash drawer is properly closed and balanced each day
- Provides great service to members and guests by answering phone calls, setting appointments, greeting upon arrival and departure
- Maintains professional front desk and reception area
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of weight room floor, locker rooms, and common areas
- Various duties as assigned by Management
- Attends and participates in all general and team meetings
- Maintains a polished a professional image
- Strong customer service and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to master new programs quickly
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and remain calm during challenging situations
- Ability to organize multiple projects and tasks and consistently meet deadlines
- Able to handle a fast-paced, varied and busy work environment
- Must be hands-on, team-oriented; attentive to detail and to overarching goals and able to thrive in a time-pressured environment.
- Accuracy and discretion are essential
- MindBody experience a plus
- Experience in membership sales, retail, and/or experience in the beauty/wellness, fitness, or tanning industry is a plus
BodyBusiness Fitness is a well-known, locally-owned and operated fitness facility in need of a Personal Trainer with flexible hours. The successful applicant will not only be responsible for taking on existing clients based on need, but also for soliciting new business and teaching gym members about the benefits of personal training. We’re looking for a motivated individual with sales experience who can help us establish a competitive edge in Austin. Since many of our members are interested in yoga, Pilates and Group X/Small Group training, trainers with experience in those areas will receive top priority.
- Assume the responsibility of training existing clients who are interested in increasing their fitness levels
- Provide clients with safe, reasonable exercises that they can perform in the gym as well as at home
- Give clients ample notice if you need to change appointment times and respond quickly to clients who must change their schedules
- Talk to members of the gym about their goals and introduce them to our personal training packages
- Collect payments from your clients on a daily basis
- Lead group fitness classes when necessary
- Work out at the gym at least three days per week
- Advise clients about important safety concerns and demonstrate exercises in a safe and effective manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology or related field preferred
- Nationally accredited personal training certification required (ACE, NASM or ACSM)
- Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- 2+ years of experience in personal training or group fitness instruction
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sales experience a plus
Group Exercise Instructor
BodyBusiness is seeking a Group Exercise instructor who specializes in BodyPump or Group Power-style classes to join our team and contribute to our culture of service. This position is responsible for delivering the BodyBusiness vision that provides an unparalleled experience for members.
- Create a positive, supportive, and healthy fitness environment for all clients and members
- Ensure the safe condition of facilities and equipment
- Always be honest, reliable, punctual, and prompt in returning phone calls and emails>/li>
- Skilled in exercise program delivery and positive feedback to diverse populations
- Deliver on our brand of uncompromising client service
- At least one year’s experience in personal training and/or group fitness instruction
- Current certification in your area of expertise. Ideally either Mossa, Les Mills for group exercise
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills