Myofascial Self-Release Workshop With Sibylle Hohendorf
Sunday, March 5th, 10:30-12:00
Would you like to move better, recover faster and have less pain? Would you be willing to take 10 minutes a day to ensure that you can remain active and continue to do the things you love? Wouldn’t you like to:
- Increase blood flow and improve vascular function resulting in faster recovery from workouts and injuries
- Improve your muscular range of motion preventing muscle restriction when you exercise
- Reduce muscle soreness from increases in circulation
- Increase lymph movement and improve immune function
Join Pilates instructor and Personal Trainer, Sibylle Hohendorf for an interactive and enlightening workshop on myofascial release.
In this workshop you will learn techniques that you can practice at home and easily incorporate into your life.
In addition to instruction and demonstration of the myofascial release techniques, each participant will receive a five-piece kit (normally retails for $129.99) that includes specific tools designed to increase the effectiveness of your myofascial release practice.
Myofascial Self-Release Workshop
Sunday, March 5th, 10:30-12:00
Body Business Fitness Club
2700 West Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757
We look forward to seeing you at this incredible event.
Empower yourself- A confident body is a confident mind!
Take care of yourself with myofascial self-release techniques utilizing the Trigger Point Performance Kit to maintain, regulate and stimulate the muscular movement in your body. Used regularly, you will improve flexibility, range of motion, tissue strength, move better and reduce pain throughout your body.
What is Myofascial Self-Release?
Myofascial Self-Release is an effective hands-on technique that utilizes tools like the foam roller, massage balls, and other roller devices that provide stretching, compression and sustained pressure into restricted areas of fascial tissue in the body to release tension and reduce pain. Fascial tissue is connective tissue that surrounds muscles, bones, nerves, and organs of the body. Fascial tension can place pressure on nerves and muscles causing chronic pain . This self-release technique has been used to help correct muscle imbalances, improve joint range of motion, relieve muscle soreness and joint stress, and help maintain normal functional muscular length. You will use your own body weight to create pressure on the muscle tissue.
Register here to guarantee your seat!
The individual performance tools in your Trigger Point Performance Kit:
- 2 PT Massage Balls plus sleeve: Ideal for manipulating your neck, back, shoulders, and hips using the floor, wall or any other hard surface.
- TP Footballer™ plus Baller Block (a kind of Yoga block): Ideal for your feet and the soleus region (biggest and strongest muscle in the calf). The block is used to elevate the foot and lower leg during the manipulation in order to relax the foot.
- TP Quad Baller™: Ideal for large muscle groups, eg. Quads, glutes, and lats.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- Outline the applications of the myofascial self-release techniques and learn its foundations
- Understand the terminology Fascia, myofascia, trigger points, pain
- Learn the benefits of the myofascial self-release techniques
- Learn the individual exercises using the appropriate individual tools in your kit for specific releases throughout your body.
About Sibylle Hohendorf
Certification/Training: ACE Certified Personal Trainer. She has been comprehensively certified in the Pilates Methodology through the internationally recognized company Peak Pilates, where she was trained and certified under second generation master teacher Coleen Glenn.
Personal Trainer Since: 2002, Pilates Instructor Since:2003
Clients who train with me can expect… a dedicated, compassionate and detail oriented instructor who guide’s her clients safely and effectively. I take your goals and individual needs such as proper alignment, joint health, spinal decompression, core strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination, very seriously. I will challenge you to your fullest potential to help you gain an increased body awareness (which is essential for good posture), perform better in life, look better and feel better!
Hobbies/Interests: My dogs, rescuing stranded marine mammals, snorkeling, hiking, world traveling, Flamenco, workshops in Pilates, Yoga, wellness, fitness, and nutrition.