Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
By Kimberly Olson
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- ½ cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Broth
- 4 Peppers* (red, green, yellow or orange)
- ½ cup black Beans
- 1 Tomato*, diced
- ½ Avocado, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 stalk green Onion, chopped
- 1 Tsp. each black Pepper & sea Salt
- To make these delicious Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, first preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a glass baking dish.
- Place quinoa and vegetable broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes).
- Cut tops of peppers similar to how you would carve a pumpkin. Use a spoon and scoop out the insides.
- Combine the beans, tomato, avocado, garlic, green onion and quinoa in a bowl. Season with black pepper and sea salt.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the red peppers and bake for 25 minutes.