Recipe: Fed & Fit’s Winter Veggie Coleslaw
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or your favorite nut butter or tahini)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 small lemons)
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit for Whole 30)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
FOR THE SLAW:
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale, destemmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, shaved into ribbons
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, lightly chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1. For the dressing, add all the ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk to combine until even and creamy. Set aside.
2. For the slaw, add the kale, cabbage, and carrots together into a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the slaw and mix to thoroughly combine. Pour the slaw into your serving bowl and top with the pomegranate seeds, cashews, and black pepper.
3. Enjoy right away or store for serving the next day!
About Fed & Fit
Fed and Fit provides quick and tasty recipes, nutrition and fitness advice, and safer swaps for home and beauty to help you simplify your healthy lifestyle. The food blog is led by Cassy Joy Garcia, a certified holistic nutritionist, author, and professional home cook who believes getting a healthy, homemade dinner on the table shouldn’t be so hard. Fed & Fit’s recipes have been featured in SELF, Parade, Buzzfeed, Popsugar and the Austin-American Statesman. Additionally, Cassy Joy is the author of two cookbooks including Cook Once, Eat All Week.
Visit Fed & Fit online for more easy recipes, meal prep tips, nutrition science, and healthy lifestyle tips.